Thursday, May 7, 2009

Blogging? in a Math class? Why not!

This blog is created to help motivate, encourage and promote students in learning new topics and reviewing previous concepts studied in Pre-Algebra and Algebra I. Students will be able view and/or listen to tricks, songs, and sayings used in class, as well as answer practice problems from each strand in the SC Algebra Standards. Solutions will be posted the following day. It is my desire for students to over-come their 'fears' of Algebra and understand there are many ways of learning and enjoying success in mathematics...whether or not it's the "favorite" subject.

I encourage students to respond/comment to each post, whether it is answeringproblems posted or just sharing their thoughts on a specific topic. As yearly testing (MAP, PASS, EOC)approaches, these practice problems will help students review important concepts studied throughout the year. Parents and students, as well as other educators, are encouraged to spread the word for others who could benefit to check out this site. Comments are greatly welcomed.

2 comments:

  1. Once again, I thank you for your comment. I just visited your page. It is wonderful. As instructors, we need to appreciate the contribution of technology to education. We can exchange our views on subject matters. Let's continue to help our students to achieve their educational goals.I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the student dance/song. I have a suggestion. I could not make out their words--would it be possible to provide the words to go along with the song?

    ReplyDelete